Thursday 27 June 2013

What do you do when you want to do something you can't afford?




This year, in order to save money I’m not taking my annual vacation.  Instead I will be doing a staycation which is really not as much fun but will save me a considerable amount of money.  I’m thinking of it as delayed gratification because being financially free will be so worth this temporary struggle.  And yes I said struggle! 

Lately I’ve been good in the financial sense.  I’ve been avoiding frivolous expenses such as getting my nails done and eating out but for some reason a part of me feels I deserve a reward in fact I can almost hear this little voice telling me that since I’m saving so much money from not taking a  “real” vacation I can certainly reward myself by getting my nails done or eating out a few times this week. But I know it’s a slippery slope!

I think life is about balance but I know I’m still new in my financial recovery and too much free spending just might make me relapse into old patterns.  What do you do? How do you find balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment