Wednesday 12 June 2013

Why Not?



Being content is wonderful, being complacent is totally different.  In certain area’s of my life I feel like I’m growing.  I see progress, I can look back and see where I was and how far I’ve come.  If I’m completely honest though, there are some area’s where growth is sorely lacking.  What have I been doing about it you ask?  Nothing! I’ve been complaining and  accepting.  Not cool!   Then it dawned on me “why”?  Why can’t I have that Job, relationship, (insert applicable desire)  Essentially,  it was “why not me”?  I realized that the only thing standing in my way was me.  I needed to make some changes or life would stay status quo.  We’ve all heard “nothing ventured nothing gained” and it’s so true but why is it that some aspects of our life are so hard to change? You know what, It often boils down to fear.  I also think it’s helpful to ask yourself, “what’s the worst that can happen?  
Sometimes financially I am my own worst enemy, I  sabotage myself in my mind.  I often will do good for awhile but once I "fall of the wagon" it's all over.  I've always been an all or nothing gal and this is a habit I'm really trying to break.  To deal with this I've come up with a strategy that I think just might work!  I'm trying to interrupt my patterns.  What's that you ask?  All I'm doing is when I recognize that I'm failing in a particular area instead of giving up and throwing my hands up I'm being intentional about changing my behaviour and doing something I've never done before.  I'll write more about how I'm overcoming specific obstacles but I find that challenging my own core beliefs I have been able to actually change behaviours!! Join me and ask yourself "why not?"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kens,

    Good luck on your debt free journey. Its not always going to be easy, but in the end its worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete